Sunday, January 20, 2013

On the Edge

For some reason, my emotions just decided to take a tailspin for the unnecessary.  My level of being overwhelmed just hit a new high, and it's not like I haven't handled this level of busy before.  It's just getting harder to handle it all.  There are too many things I have to do and not enough time to do it.  Believe it or not, the fact that I am picking up playing ukulele is actually what's keeping me holding on.  For some reason that odd little instrument is keeping me grounded in reality.  I just have to resist playing it all day.  Mostly because my new callouses hurt too much to play exorbitantly   Still.  I'm more excited to pick up the Uke I ordered on the 27th than I am to see the show I'm in tech for right now.  I know this post is a bit choppy and unorganized (but is that really too far from the normal one?), but I just feel like I can't handle too much more right now.
I think it started two nights ago.  Things usually don't go well when they start with a knock on my door at 2:00 am because two of my residents were in an argument.  So, then later yesterday I held an hour and a half long mediation between them to try and sort things out, which didn't lead to much of a satisfying conclusion.  I had a talk with my boss that night about what had happened, which turned into me talking about how messed up the extended family health is going right now (which is not well).  Ever since then, I've been easily shaken.  I can't tell if its the sleep deprivation or my emotions.  Or the two acting at once.  Either way, I'm not having too much fun with it all.

No comments:

Post a Comment