Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Returning to the bubble

For some reason, I just can't right now.  The sudden switch from the funeral this morning to improv dinner was too much for me to handle, and I just can't get myself to get anything accomplished right now.  I'm re assimilating myself into the bubble, and it's really difficult when I know there are so many things happening outside of it.  This summer can't come soon enough; I need to get back to the real world.  There's to many real things happening in my life right now for me to be stuck at school and trying to worry about exams and papers and projects when I want to be spending time with my Grandfather, or figuring out what to do with the rest of my life, or giving my Dad a hand around the house because I know he's dealing with entirely too much right now.  Also, I thought I was going to be fine yesterday with everything.  I was going to go to the wake and funeral to help support everyone else, but I think I need it more now then they do. It's just really difficult to walk through campus with people who have no idea of what happens in the real world we we aren't paying attention.  It's rather disgusting, actually.  But at the same time, when we know about everything outside it makes it impossible to concentrate on what we need to concentrate on.  Classes are infinitely more difficult to finish work for when you know, in the grand scheme of things, they don't matter.  At all, really.

No comments:

Post a Comment