Sunday, March 24, 2013

Spring Awakening

New term starts tomorrow and I'm feeling a bit anxious.  I'm not really sure how anything is going to go, other than Grey Gardens (which I'm SMing for, only because I feel so ahead of the game right now with a lot of it).  But auditions, and even my class schedule seems so unsettled right now.  I already feel like I'm scrambling and I haven't really done anything yet.  But maybe that's the current problem, that I haven't done anything yet.  I started unpacking and cleaning, but as usual I couldn't finish without watching 3 hours of pointless television and unnecessary distractions.  One thing I did do was submit my AYLI adaptation, but I'm not sure if anything will come of it.  I pray to anything that it does, because it would be incredible to get feedback from the RSC (or anyone, for that matter.  But especially the RSC.  Cause they're my dream).  I think I'm going to try to set some new goals for this term.  (You know, the ones I set every term and keep for the first two weeks because life is pretty easy and can't keep a hold of them once anything gets hard.  Those goals.)  I'm going to try this term (and yes, I say that every time I do this) to do the following things:

  • Be on time for every class (8:28, not 8:32)
  • Do all reading assignments on time (or before the next class period)
  • Not watch any Netflix by myself
  • Work out at least 3 hours a week (in anywhere from 20 min to 1hr sessions)
  • Get all major assignments finished 24 hours before the due date (to allow for more careful editing and proper sleep schedules)
  • Read for pleasure (Hopefully finish the Sherlock Holmes stories)
  • Avoid the dessert station downstairs (maybe only 3 times/week)
  • Clean my room for 5 minutes/day (no more climbing over dirty laundry)
Here's hoping that I can actually make a few better habits and get rid of a few old ones!

No comments:

Post a Comment