Wednesday, March 27, 2013

The Night Before

Cast list gets posted tomorrow.  My head won't stop racing with possibilities.  I could get a big part, a medium part, a small part, a part originally cast as a man, or no part.  I just can't handle it, these are the worst nights.  I really want a part in the show to build my dialect skills and put "I can speak in an Irish accent in a convincing and not offensive manner" on my resume, but at the same time, Grey Gardens is a very involved production for me.  But I need to start acting more, for the sake of my emotions.  Remember how I had to do a monologue to initiate my emotional breakdown in my closet last term? (I'm not actually sure if I mentioned that, but yeah.....that's a thing that happened, we're moving past it.  Hopefully I wont begin throwing laundry all over my room after cleaning it because my room didn't match all the madness in my head.  Hopefully I don't get to that much symbolism [or is it metaphor?] any time soon).  No matter the outcome tomorrow, I'll be fine.  My world won't collapse if I don't get a part, I will survive.  Probably a bit more healthily, but that doesn't mean that I don't want a spot.  I'm actually favoring the prostitute right now.  Its actually a pretty cool part,  you know, for a whore.

No comments:

Post a Comment