Friday, August 31, 2012

Reading "the perks of being a wallflower"

I decided to try it because of the whole "I have to read the book before I see the movie" thing that I have (I think it's a very good rule).  The format of the book threw me off at first, but now I'm really digging it.  Its different to read anonymous letters.  It makes the character (Charlie) so much more universal and relate-able. However, some parts are very sad, and I have this habit of getting too far into the mind of the main character of the book I'm reading.  I guess it's the actress in me.  I just can't help it.  I think it's why I tend to read books so quickly.  I need the resolution in order to get back to my 'normal life'.  But I've been in a bit of a funk anyway this week.  Training takes a tole and I don't think I adjust to school as easily as I would like to think I do.  The first week is always hard.  Especially unpacking.  Figuring out where things will belong is a very arduous process.  It's also overwhelming.  It doesn't help any that I called my mom today to find out that my grandmother is in the hospital.  I haven't seen my grandparents since Christmas, because I haven't had any time to.  I'm going to make a trip down soon with my car to see them.  Apparently Grandma is going to be fine, but they are both getting up there in age, so I need to be sure to see them as often as possible now.

No comments:

Post a Comment