Friday, August 9, 2013

Thoughts from the other night

I want to take a picture of this moment.  Not just a visual picture, but an image conveying the entire feeling and subtext of the moment.  I know it would never convey everything completely.  The moonlight streaming into my basement window of my aunts house at the start of my new found motivation.  Listening to an old song that makes me think of creativity and unity while sinking into my last cup of sleepytime peach tea, verifying a new lifelong routine.  My sister sleeping peacefully beside me while the possibilities of Ikea and scholarship applications and Target shopping sprees weigh on my chest.  The immeasurable combinations of  thoughts and ideas that could result. Still the moonlight glows through the sheer curtains and I feel peaceful for the first time all day.

No comments:

Post a Comment