Monday, August 12, 2013

One day Fringing

I finally got to use my free tickets from the volunteering I did last week, and I think I used them well.  For the most part.  I saw to one-man shows and a beautiful piece that got the encore spot at the Music Box (where I worked last Tuesday).  I saw this one weird one man cowboy show with a complete lack of clarity or storyline.  It was the oddest piece of theater I think I've ever seen, but I think a fringe experience isn't complete without a completely terrible show.  Even so, the last show I saw completely made up for it.  The last show was a great combination of movement, music, innovation and story line.  The story revolved around a grandfather, which made me think about my own past Grandfather.  I've been thinking about him quite a lot recently, and seeing this story unfold brought me back to many of the memories I've been thinking about lately.  He was such a magnificent man and shared so many wonderful stories and moments with me.  I'm still adjusting to the idea of being in Texas this christmas, instead of Elmhurst is a very large adjustment, but I am beginning to look forward to the change, as I will get to spend time with the other side of the family for a while and creating new memories.

On the note of memories, and the making thereof, a good friend of mine just created a blog!  Portia is pretty cool and we do tons of random stuff together- we're rooming together next year, so it's only bound to get crazier!

1 comment:

  1. Daww thanks buddy! (Also, you wore chartreuse the day that photo was taken.)

    ReplyDelete